Back to JulieFranzen.com

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Time to get serious

I just found out today that Mr Ryan Yap is coming back from Florida and stopping at the barn on Sunday before he leaves for Europe! I am excited to get in a serious lesson routine again. Riding by yourself is great, but there is only so much that can improve when all you are worrying about it the horse. Of course I try to work on my position, but I kind of feel like in the process of trying to work on it, I have actually screwed it up. I guess I will see what Ryan has to say. In other good news we are confirmed for Baby Zion to join us- move in date is April 24th.

My favorite part about the barn last night was when I walked into Gram's stall. I tried to make an effort to leave work at home, as well as home at home; the thoughts of neighbors construction projects and screaming babies banging on the door in my condo building...Oh the joys of big city condo living! I walked into the stall, she looked like she had just woke up from her afternoon nap. I walked in slowly, saying hello, and then giving a little scratch to her withers... her big long neck, wrapped around and she placed her chin on my shoulder. I swear I couldn't even make this up if I tried. It was like she was saying, "thank you, I missed you... lets be friends". The more I am around Gram, the more I like her and also realize we are truly bonded. I get her and she gets me. As I type this, I know it must be crazy and something only horse people will understand. There is the whole other world of non-verbals and so much of dressage is rooted in non-verbals.

It is time to get serious, Jen and I will be riding together tonight to help each other out. I should have an interesting update for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment