Back to JulieFranzen.com

Monday, October 11, 2010

Beautiful Weekend


Work had me driving all over the place again last week. So after my lesson on Tuesday, Ryan rode Gram on Wednesday and Thursday. I did head out to the barn on Saturday morning, with Donnie. Gramarye and I worked on stretching and just relaxing back in the saddle. I was able to get her to do a few Medium trots just for fun! We ended and I gave her a bubble bath... she enjoys this time of year. To warm for a blanket and she can get as dirty as she would like in her paddock! The more I wash her I swear the dirtier she tries to get! We have a new serious boarder at the barn, her name is Heidi. She lived and worked in Wellington for a while, so it is great to have someone of her caliber join our barn family! I am hoping that she will build a client base quickly. She has a giant 5 year old mare too, and she did young riders too! So we already have a lot in common!

Sunday was an exciting day. Donnie stayed home to work, and I dawdled at the barn all day. I love those days. Jen took her baby horse to a keuring so I was able to offer some help with loading baby! :)They are so easy to load at that age! Made me wish that I had Gram in Chicago as a yearling, so I could have done more with her! She is good about every single trailer expect of course the one I have! I will give her that is oddly shaped, but I try to make happy experiences for her. I would like to try again with a short trailer ride next weekend just to get her used to it more! I need to come up with a great treat at the end of the tunnel. My mare is stubborn, but she is also motivated by her belly. The better the treat, the less stubborn she becomes! I am looking forward to a great week of training, to further prepare us for Kathy... I think everyone in the barn is getting a bit nervous about her arrival! I just keep telling myself, she cannot be any more difficult than Conrad...right??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment